Here are a few reasons:
- Pain Relief- The heat from an infrared sauna penetrates joints, muscles, and tissue to increase circulation and speed oxygenation of the body. Sports injuries, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and arthritis can all be helped. There are studies from NASA, The Department of Dermatology and Institute of Medical Research, and many other legitimate well documented sources. A recent Japanese study that was published in the journal, Internal Medicine showed that chronic pain sufferers experienced significant pain reduction (70%) after just one session.
- Weight loss- A thirty minute session in an infrared sauna burns about 600 calories. The body works to cool itself by increasing the heart rate, metabolism, and amount of calories burned.
- Relaxation- While typical saunas have extreme temperatures which can be hard to take, an infrared sauna is gentle and soothing. The sauna is clean and comfortable with music, and air purifier, and colored light therapy. Each color of lights has a unique wave length that impacts our minds and bodies differently.
- Reduce blood pressure: In a 2005 clinical study by the University of Missouri Kansas City, infrared heaters were shown to lower blood pressure through a program of 30 minute infrared sauna session 3 times per week. The study concluded that infrared sauna therapy dilated blood vessels and reduced the volume of their inner lining, thus increasing circulation to promote healthy blood pressure.
- Detoxification- Infrared saunas create a truly deep, productive sweat where toxins reside, at the cellular level.
- Wound healing- Scientific research has concluded that near infrared therapy greatly enhances the skin’s healing process by promoting faster cell regeneration and human tissue growth. Human cell growth increases to repair wounds and prevent infection.